Paul R. Brass once wrote, India is a living catastrophe and the intellectuals do not care for it. ( July. 2002)
Henry Kissinger said, ".. Americans have great difficulty in coming to grips with the way Indian leaders approach foreign policy." (Kissinger 2001: 154)
Are we proving them right??
1. Flip flop for the talk with Pakistan.
2. Nepal accusing India for meddling in Madesh (Tarai region) which they call interference in their internal matter.
3. Chinese doing what they wish with the waters of Brahamaputra river, still claiming Arunachal Pradesh. In fact previously they lay claim for some parts of West Arunachal. But now they claim almost whole of Arunachal Pradesh.
4. Bangladesh still not cracking down on the terrorists’ organisations which have inimical design towards India.
5. Myanmar being ignored. One hardly sees any exchange between the two coutries.
6. Sri Lanka played truant till this new govt came in power. Tamil issue has been as alive as it was in eighties.
It is time that India updates/ rewrites its "Blue Book" of diplomacy and sheds eighteen century diktats what Britishers wrote for that time.
Ponder, my countrymen, ponder.