It is heart wrenching to see what is happening in Jammu and Kashmir valley. In my opinion it is the politicians who are responsible for all that is happening there. What needs to be done? The answers are:
• Arrest Mehbooba Mufti and she should not be seen in any media channel/ TV. She is doing more harm than good to the nation. Like father like daughter.
• TV channels like NDTV and CNN- IBN have done more harm than good by giving chance to separatist leaders like Gilani to speak in the TV prime time (Programme like Big Fight and We the People are guilty of this). Ban them from any appearance in any TV shows. They utilize this time to advocate their point of view and not find any solution of the problem.
• Sack Home Minister Shivraj Patil for his inept handling of the critical issues in the country such as J & K present situation.
• Gulam Nabi Azad should also be sacked by the Congress President Sonia Gandhi for his role in allowing the situation to go out of control when he was still the Chief Minister of J&K.
• Militant members of Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti should also be arrested and jailed and not allowed to air their point of views.
• All political parties should be kept out of present day situation. Only the citizens of both Jammu and valleys should be brought together to find a peaceful solution. Kashmiri Pandits must be part of this forum.
• The Central Govt must responsibly act and act strongly to show who is in the command of the nation and that J&K is part of this nation (India).
The Central Govt has failed in its duty to keep information flowing in both the reasons which has allowed the miscreants to use and fuel misinformation against the people of opposite regions.
• Did the Separatist leaders, joined by Mehbooba Mufti, did not know, who wanted to go to Muzzafarabad with their truck loads of apples, that there is an alternative route available to reach Indian towns and cities via Leh – Manali – Pathankot? Then why harp on taking Muzzafrabad route?
• Why did they not use this route which was not affected by any blockade or “Chakka Jam”?
• Why did the Govt of India not suggest them to use this route rather than confounding the situation?
• Why did not the Central Govt use Air lift capability of the Indian Air Force?
These are some of the concerns I fell very strongly. Is there anyone listening?